Monday 11 July 2016

Book Spotlight ~ The Treasure of Gwenlais @Mtmagee1013M


The Treasure of Gwenlais
 (The Reinfield Chronicles Book 1)

By

M.T Magee

 

Princess Laurel of Gwenlais, finds herself tragically and quickly thrust into a world of danger, so unlike the idyllic and sheltered life she has known. These dangers from an unknown enemy, also unexpectedly throw her into the arms of Caleb, the warrior Prince of Heathwin, the nearby kingdom in which Gwenlais has a tense alliance with. The more refined people of Gwenlais, find their neighbors and protectors of the West necessary, but consider them uncouth and sometimes barbaric. The long and bloody feud between Heathwin, and the mysterious, frightening, and misunderstood, race of beings, called the Rabkins, had finally reached an uneasy truce, by the hard fought and diligent efforts of Prince Caleb. This fragile agreement, was soon shattered by an attack from outside, that threaten both kingdoms of Gwenlais and Heathwin. Laurel and Caleb find themselves, not only fighting for the peace and existence of their kingdoms, but fighting for their new found love that is imperiled at every turn from a nameless enemy, and their own people as well. Laurel follows her calling, by beginning her training in the ancient healing arts of the Ollams. She soon finds that her skills may be needed to heal more than just the physical wounds of others, but also the wounds of the heart, long put upon by the people of both she and Caleb’s kingdoms by the mistrust and bigotries of either side. As they draw closer together, they discover just how far this unknown enemy, has gone to tear them apart from within. They must together, find a way to rise above old and long standing prejudices, and form a much stronger alliance in order to fight against the new enemy from outside of their borders, that threatens their very survival. 

This is the epic world of Rienfield. A domain filled with beauty, danger, amazing races and cultures. You will find the love and strong ties of family. As well as romance, humor, adventure and tragedy, while the people and beings of Rienfield, search for peace and truth in their way of life. 



 
Where Can I Buy This Fabulous Book?

Meet the author



My name is M.T.Magee and I am the proud Silver Medal recipient of the Drunken Druid Award based in Ireland. I write bestselling YA Historical Medieval Fantasy that is beautifully romantic with whispers of Gaelic legend.

I live in New England on our small farm with my husband and son. We raise an assortment of silly goats, quiet rabbits, far too many ducks and chickens, and a high strung Border Collie cross named Gronk. I have always loved fantasy and fell in love with

Tolkien at age eleven. I read all of his works at age twelve. I have been writing stories since I was ten years old and have always wanted to be an author. After fulfilling my dream of becoming a nurse, marrying the love of my life and having two wonderful sons, I have finally been able to fulfill my first dream of publishing my first book. My youngest son is severely disabled and I am his full-time caregiver. The long winter months here in New England make it virtually impossible to go out very often, so I used this time to begin my story The Treasure of Gwenlais. Fifteen months and 1144 pages later I am very happy to present my story to all of you. I love strong female characters, who are still able to convey a sense of vulnerability and be very relateable. I also love strong male leads who are not afraid to show their soft side. Love of family is important to me as I am sure it is to everyone and I convey this in my story.

So welcome to the world I have created and I hope you enjoy visiting often.

 
Useful Links


4 comments:

See you on your next coffee break!
Take Care,
Mary Anne xxx